Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Meanwhile, Back in Taos

Back in Taos, the Taos News paper our weekly local newspaper, published another story on our Dia d los Muertos exhibit at Two Graces. They gave us the coveted Cover Story of the arts magazine section Tempo, all over Taos a picture of part of my Taos/LA Altar is on the front of Newspaper boxes throughout the town. Plus there's a picture of yours truly in the paper with a blurb of how much an asset and supportive Taos News has been to galleries like mine. I've been smiling from ear to ear since we got back HOME.
No relaxing there's always more to do, and getting these drawings done for the SMFA school annual benefit sale was a must. They are mixed media works on paper 7" x 9" in shadow box frames that are slightly larger than those dimensions and have been shipped off to Boston for the sale, at $150. each. I really hope they sell, the money goes towards student scholarship funds. Above is "CAT" with "Black Cat" shown below. ...and yes, the "Black Cat" painting looks about the way I felt on Saturday morning with a big head, I proably could have titled them Holly & Robert!
While I was teaching at School of the Museum of Fine Arts this was always a terrific event, the turnout was enormous and sales were brisk. I sold more artwork at this sale over the years than any gallery showing I'd ever had, (that is until I started my own gallery).
www.smfa.edu go to SUPPORT and click on the Inside/Out link, there is a flicker link to see images of some of the artwork that will be included, I would purchase the Mike & Doug Starn twins Tree photo-collage if I were solvent. The Sale runs November 18-November 22, with a sneak preview for the high muckie mucks, so if you're interested in anything at all jump the line and call SMFA! If mine are already sold, contact me directly, this is a series of small drwings I'm currently exploring "Hello Kitty type CATs". Thank You, R

3 comments:

  1. Got a link for the newspaper stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these have sold at the SMFA Inside/Out sale, hooray!
    There will be about 12 new ones at Two Graces for our Dec. 5 Christmas exhibit opening.

    ReplyDelete