That I was a selected artist for 2018 was an honor.
Scroll through the images below to get a sense of what works and what did not.
Think graphically, what will stand out best in an image that WILL BE CROPPED to fit the narrow vertical format.
YOU DO NOT NEED to crop the image yourself, but beware that it will be cropped with the best intentions to show off the primary sense of your artwork.
The banners of 2018 are numbered in the photos below, they are shown from the north end of Taos to the south. Which ones work best to you?
Graphically, not necessarily your favorite artists.
Then decide which piece of your own work would also work best.
Thanks for helping to beautify Taos once again.
At this point I am not involved with this project, please ask questions of the Taos Arts Council board members or the Taos Gallery Association board members. Please Note: I am not a part of either board. This blog is meant to help and to share with you proper information. I am not paid nor a part of the decision process. In other words, please don't blame the messenger!
1. Anee Ward
4. Mary Dolph Wood, Parsons Gallery of the West
5. Elizabeth Jose, Sage Fine Art
6. Daniel Brown, The Ranch at Taos
9. Carroll Griesedieck, David Anthony Fine Art
11. Meredith Garcia, Wilder Nightingale Fine Art and https://www.oralegallery.com
12. Valerie Graves, Wilder Nightingale Fine Art
13. Linda Rauch, Linda Rauch Gallery
19. Jill Sanger
32. Deborah Rael-Buckley, David Anthony Fine Art