Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The Monks of Drepung Loesling Monastery Blessing of the Waters at Ojo

November 25, 2014 once again we visited Ojo Caleinte Mineral Springs Resort and Spa, this time for a very special Blessing of the waters by the Buddhist Monks of Drepung Loesling Monastery.
The chanting ceremony took place to help enhance the healing powers of these sacred waters.
It was absolutely beautiful, thus I share my photos and some thoughts here.
This from the Press Release: Following the legacy of Drepung Loseling Monastery, India, and with the patronage of His Holiness the Dalai Lama, Drepung Loseling is dedicated to the study and preservation of the Tibetan Buddhist tradition of wisdom and compassion. A center for the cultivation of both heart and intellect, it provides a sanctuary for the nurturance of inner peace and kindness, community understanding, and global healing.
It was 19 degrees this morning at Ojo Spa.
Preparations being made...
 Ojo was exceptionally busy with pre Thanksgiving visitors.
Some guests stood and watched, some soaked it all in.
At this point during the chanting I closed my eyes to see the color Orange, which faded to Red, then to Brown and into Blackness. What this meant exactly, I have No Idea at all, my only guess would be that I fell into a totally relaxing abyss.
Some guests prayed silently along.
 Ojo Caliente Butte in it's magnificence.
 The Vapour rose mysteriously, 
this picture gave me a difficult time loading it here, 
eventually it succumbed.
Into the freshly blessed waters of the Arsenic Pool
Sounds emanating.
A blessing to all who gathered was offered. The monk dipped his wand of Peacock feathers into a bowl of water from the spring and spread onto each and everyone.
Ojo Caliente the Healing Mineral Spring.
 and soon they were gone.
Every Day I am Blessed to be Alive, to meet new people, to be with my Loved Ones, to adventure, to be a bit lost from time to time, and to breath. Thank You for reading, I'm glad to be back!
By the way, we took the time to arrive early enough to enjoy breakfast at the Artesian Restaurant. Holly had Bagel and Lox, I had the Blue Corn Pinon Pancakes, we both enjoyed our morning meals. Holly tells me their coffee was delicious too.

1 comment:

  1. Brian and I will celebrate 17 years December 20 and I'm thinking OJO!!!

    ReplyDelete