Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day of the Dead

It was a great opening at Two Graces this past Friday, over the weekend we had about 200 people show up to see the exhibit of Altars and Art! A very nice story in Taos News Tempo arts section helped more than I would have imagined! This is the 6th year we've put this exhibit together, it's always very different.
Next Wednesday I'll be traveling to LA with the altar I put together, it will all break down and go into a suitcase, then to be set up at a Tourism Convention at the Shangri-La Hotel. I'm going to be representing Taos for the "Return to Sacred Places" promotion. The Taos Tourism promotion people also asked me to design a button to give out, which I haven't seen yet, but should be pretty wonderful, I only hope we can get some printed to have here at Two Graces.
I'm really looking forward to this trip, as I've never been to LA., if anyone has some suggestions of places to go or see, please let me know your favorites.
My agenda is to see 4 Museums and a few galleries, I'll be heading to Amoeba Records to visit with Hiland Hall. 8 years ago Hiland helped us move to Taos from Somerville, Mass., we took turns driving a 25 foot truck with all of Holly & my possessions. We couldn't have done it without him, these days he keeps the Amoeba website on track and he's getting MARRIED on March 6.
I will be blogging about the trip and hopefully keep a regular blog schedule after that.

2 comments:

  1. congratulations on all of the above>>>great turn out for your opening. >>>and now representing in LA.
    no advise, other than 'don't go'...just kidding. sooooo much to discover. and you'll love RETURNING TO YOUR SACRED PLACE in ranchos.
    safe journey...i'll enjoy anything you post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! but where are all your photos? I hope it will still be up when I get there in Nov! So glad you had such a great turn out and I know you will have fun in LaLa land! ciao!

    ReplyDelete